For the past 20 years, Jeff LeForce has provided businesses and individuals with top tier representation in complex legal matters. He has experience in all areas of commercial bankruptcy, as well as corporate workouts and restructuring, and complex business transactions. He has represented secured and unsecured creditors, preference defendants, corporate debtors, creditors’ committees, purchasers of assets from bankruptcy estates, Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees, and many other parties in bankruptcy and other commercial matters.
Today, Jeff continues to bring his extensive knowledge and unmatched commitment to results to each client engagement. He founded LeForce Law PLLC in large part because he enjoys being able to provide the highest level of client service to those who trust him with their most important legal matters.
Jeff’s superior work in the legal industry has been noticed by independent organizations since early in his career. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters company, named Jeff to their list of Rising Stars in 2005-2007. Since that time, he has also earned an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the oldest attorney rating service in the world. More recently, Jeff was rated 10.0/10.0 by AVVO, a system that scores attorneys based on their years of experience, disciplinary history, professional achievements and opinions of other attorneys.
- Commercial Bankruptcy
- Creditors’ Rights
- Corporate Workouts and Restructuring
- Business Transactions and Contracts
- Banking and Finance
- Texas, 1994
- US District and Bankruptcy Courts — Northern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, and Western District of Texas
- U.S. Courts of Appeal — Fourth Circuit, and Fifth Circuit
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1994
- B.B.A., Finance and Economics, Baylor University, 1991
Honors & Awards
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Rated 10.0/10.0, AVVO
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers/Thomson Reuters (2005-07)
- New Restrictions on Investment Banker Employment and Compensation Agreements, co-author, ABI Journal, Vol. XXVIII No. 8, October 2009
- Case & Comment: In re Winstar Communication, Inc.: Avoiding an “Insider” Preference, co-author, Business Leasing & Finance News, Issue 85, October 2009
- Single Asset Real Estate Debtors Face Stringent Deadlines, co-author, The Journal of Corporate Renewal, Turnaround Management Association, Vol. 21/No. 6, June 2008
- Vanishing Assets: Debtors as Licensees of Intellectual Property, co-author, Texas Lawyer Alerts, Bankruptcy, 2005
- Case & Comment: Stillwater v. CIT – Lender’s Security Interest Wins Over Purported Sale to Lessor, Business Leasing & Finance News, Issue 34, December 2004
Professional Legal Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- John C. Ford Inns of Court, Master
- Past Vice-Chair and Treasurer, Tarrant County Bar Association Bankruptcy Section
Past Work Experience
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas, Judicial Law Clerk
Other Organizations, Activities & Honors
- President, Texas Judo Inc.
- Pan American Judo Confederation Referee
- Park Cities Baptist Church (Chair, Property & Services Committee, 2012-2014)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Jeff lives in Dallas with his wife.